Thursday, September 16, 2010

God's plan vs. My plan... and the winner is... God!

            So far everything down here has gone smoothly and nothing to crazy or stressful has happened… UNTILL NOW!!! This has been the craziest weekend EVER! Well I guess not weekend but Sunday, Monday and Tuesday… and hopefully Wednesday will be better.
As you all know I auditioned for the Disneyland Christmas Parade on Sunday morning… to make a long story short I didn’t get in. So I was a little… (a lot) upset about that, so I went over to Sarah’s house after. I was there for a few hours, relaxed, calmed down, took a nap. Then I was going over to my other Cousin Joel’s house, so I went to leave Sarah’s house and my car wouldn’t start. So I had a little melt down about that. Sarah tried to jump start it, but it still wouldn’t start, I have AAA so Sarah called them for me and they came out and tried to get it to start and… it wouldn’t. Sense it was Sunday nothing was open, so we had to wait to get it towed. I was able to get a hold of my grandma, and my cousin Joel had an extra key to her car so my aunt took me to pick the car up from grandmas friends house. (She left it there when she went on her trip)
When I got back to Sarah’s house that night I was going to eat dinner, I was sitting at the island in her kitchen, I didn’t know this but the top of the island is not attached to the bottom of the island. I leaned on it to scoot my chair in and… it fell off. And the picture frame fell off and broke. Just the big finish to my day I guess. Once again I had a melt down.
Monday morning I got up and we called the tow truck and he came and took it to the car fixing shop man. The shop that Rick and Sarah use is right across the street from their house. So it makes it really easy to go over there. After my car got to the shop I want to school. I was late, I missed the first 2 classes, but they were just dance classes so it wasn’t a big deal. I had a test in my business class, I think it went well, it was my first test so I didn’t really know what to expect or how to study for it. Now I know, and it wasn’t to hard, it’ll be better next time because ill be more prepared.
After school I went back to Sarah’s house and hung out there for a bit, helped the kids with their homework, stuff like that. Then they called and said my car was done so we went and picked it up. And I was sooooo excited because it was only $65 not bad at all.
I went back to grandma’s house and spent my first night alone… it was scary, but it was alright. I left grandma’s at Sarah’s house and our plan was she was going to drive grandma’s car to pick the kids up from school then come and drop it off at grandma’s house, then we would take my car back to their house. As most of you know, our plan is not always the same as God’s plan… Tuesday morning I was driving to school and my car died… again. Two guys behind me pushed me off to the side. My phone was almost out of battery so I didn’t want to call the tow truck and have it hang up on us. So I called Sarah and told her where I was and she came and once again saved the day! I used her phone to call AAA… actually she called for me because I was a little upset again. Gosh I love her! We sat there for a half hour and then the truck finally came. They towed it back to the guys across the street from Sarah’s. Turns out I need a new alternator… Why didn’t I think of that? I totally should have known that’s what it was… I didn’t go to school, because by the time I got back to her house I was almost late for class. So we both took a nap and then went and got the kids from school, and ran to the store.
That night was open house at the kids school so Sarah and Rick went to that and I watched the kido’s. We were watching the new episode of Hannah Montana, the one where Miley’s horse Blue Jeans gets hurt and almost dies!!! Orlando was sitting on the floor watching the show, when all of a sudden he ran up to me crying hysterically saying, “Its just not fare, Blue Jeans didn’t even do anything, why does he have to die? Its not fare!” He cried for 20minutes, but wouldn’t let me change the channel because he wanted to see how it ended. It was the saddest most adorable thing in the world.  
Wednesday… yesterday… I took grandma’s car to school, I forgot I didn’t have my parking pass, because it’s on the window of my car not grandmas car. As I was saying, forgetting I didn’t have my parking pass, I perked in the school parking structure where I always park aaaaaaand I got a ticket! $35. Can this week get any worse? I got home from school and Sarah called me and said my car was ready… $230 later I drove my car back to Sarah’s house. I hung out there for a wile then went home. And now we come to today… Nothing bad has happened today, so I think my unlucky streak is over! Thank the lord!!
Oh I have a friend! His name is Brandon, he’s in my tap class… and no he’s not gay… He is really funny and we get along really well. I honestly think he is the first person I can say, this is my friend, about. So I took a picture of him to share with all of you. No I’m not interested in him or anything like that so don’t even say it, we are just friends. But I have a friend, and he is a Christian. Which is awesome.


This is Abby, my cousin Joel's daughter, she's 3. We put those puzzles together... 3 times!



She's sooo cute!


Orlando!

Nina eating... I think.

Nina's Chiwawa Funge... Orlando callse Chiwawa's an Ichywawa.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Brittany! What a week...What i wanna know is did you get a refund for your $65 for the guys actually NOT fixing the problem?? What did he do, is my question! God sometimes like to test us and it is the little trials that test our faith and refine us as we glorify him in the middle of trials...But it sounds like it was a very trying week girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the people who owned it befor me tried to put the alarm system in, and that messed up the wires. So they were shorting out, which caused the alternator to mess up. So both things needed to be done. If he didnt fix the wires it would just mess up the new alternator.

    ReplyDelete